Monday, March 24, 2014

Homework : Reading

 This homework given by teacher to parents not student. I received a sheet of paper from teacher to teach to my Habib during this school holidays. The paper content words and sentences of the day. So everyday I'll pick some words and show to Habib until he can recognise the words. Same goes to sentences. 
 I copy the words and print it in larger font so that my both kids can see the words. I cut it into pieces like flash cards. Every corner on the top I wrote day of the words.
Like this.
 
For example, these are the words for Monday which is yesterday. And the sentence of that day was 'What are you doing?' 
I randomly pick these and show to Habib even when he's playing or watching Peppa on YouTube. I believes in power or reading. When you know how to read, you will know everything. You will be easy to learn so many things. That's what I always told Habib. No matter in what language even Bahasa or English or Arabic. The important is reading.
 
Something I want to share with you but not confirm yet. One day we want to bring our kids to Dhaka and stay there for a year may be just to learn Bangla language. Their language is more difficult to learn compared to Bahasa. I can understand what my husband is talking with his friend but I can't speak. I know certain words but they are not enough. He also don't want to teach me. We discussed already about moving to Dhaka for a year but when?? still in plan. I can imagine my kids go to school there and blur and don't know what to say or to speak to. Ahhah. Cute. But I know they are fast learner. Faster than me. I hope our plan will work. The sooner the better because it more easier to teach toddler new language. When they grow up, the more things they have to learn.
 
Ok. until here. See you in next entry. Good night and happy holiday!! Please excuse my English because I am Malay :)
oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment